Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro 5 Black Setting

I am a new GoPro 5 Black user, what is the best video setting for handheld outdoor and indoor? 

Thanks, 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: GoPro 5 Black Setting

i'm a big fan of having as much as possible in auto (leave pro-tune off). Choicing the resolution & FPS (frames per second) really depends what you intend to do with the footage in editing. If you want to zoom in your going to want the highest resolution possible, this reduces chances of losing quality. If you intend to do slow-motion you'll want to go for a higher FPS to make the footage smoother when speed is reduced. If you just intend to play the footage raw, I try & match to the device it'll be viewed on. Why record in 4k if its only going to be used on a 720 tablet

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: GoPro 5 Black Setting

i'm a big fan of having as much as possible in auto (leave pro-tune off). Choicing the resolution & FPS (frames per second) really depends what you intend to do with the footage in editing. If you want to zoom in your going to want the highest resolution possible, this reduces chances of losing quality. If you intend to do slow-motion you'll want to go for a higher FPS to make the footage smoother when speed is reduced. If you just intend to play the footage raw, I try & match to the device it'll be viewed on. Why record in 4k if its only going to be used on a 720 tablet