08-14-2018 03:15 PM
Got my Go Pro (Full HD 2018) few months ago. Used it once and only got back to the camera last week to find it not working
List of Faults checked.
-Battery fully charged x3 (no Joy)
-SD Card tried x3 (dito)
-connnected to laptop to update software. was confronted with " usb driver is faulty device descriptor failed- check device "
Description of faults
-No power to Screen
-No red Lights
-No connection to Go Pro
Help me Obi wan
08-14-2018 03:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your camera. Kindly go over these steps to try and power the camera on:
- Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove SD card. Remove, then reinsert the battery.
- Press the Mode Button to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screens).
- If there's no response, attempt to reset camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- If still unable to get any sign of life from camera, connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, look for red LED illumination to indicate charging. NOTE: In a pinch, you can use a computer USB port, but we do not recommend using a multi-port USB hub when trying to charge the camera.
- If the red LED does not illuminate, try using a secondary USB Type-C cable and/or charging adapter.
- If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
- Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- If provided with a response, allow camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait ≈5 seconds, then attempt to record a sample video.
Let us know how it goes.
If it' still the same, please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs