Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPRO HERO 5 Water Leak

Hello GoPro Team,

This is Darline from Poundit.com an online store in the Phils. We have a customer who has issues with her GoPro Hero 5 Black. Below are the details:

"The go pro hero 5 i bought here was not water proof. It is still within warranty. I used it in the pool for the first time yesterday and it stopped working and water got inside my go pro. It was only dipped in shallow level since I dont know how to swim. I made sure everything was closed and sealed before going in the water. Will I get a replacement for this?"

Hoping for an answer as your chat technical support seems unavailable, I have been trying to get in touch since 48 hours ago.

Thanks,

Darline

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPRO HERO 5 Water Leak

Hi @cherrymaed050

So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO5 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing. 

While water damaged cameras are usually not covered by the standard warranty, we still want to look into what happened. Please coordinate with our Support Team regarding this. As each incident is treated uniquely, they may request for pictures of the camera and/or mount that was used and other additional information to help us determine what we can do to extend our help.

You may open a case with them via phone or chat. Please take note of their opening hours listed on this link: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @cherrymaed050

So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO5 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing. 

While water damaged cameras are usually not covered by the standard warranty, we still want to look into what happened. Please coordinate with our Support Team regarding this. As each incident is treated uniquely, they may request for pictures of the camera and/or mount that was used and other additional information to help us determine what we can do to extend our help.

You may open a case with them via phone or chat. Please take note of their opening hours listed on this link: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello @aragon1006,

Thanks for the response. I will contact their technical support team today and hoping to get a reply.

Thanks again. God Bless! :)