Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Go pro

My go pro screen is frozen with everything on the he screen ready to take a picture but the picture is black what can I do

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Go pro

Hello @brockwhiston

Sorry to hear about the frozen screen. If this is the first time that it happened, see if turning the camera off, then on will help. Freezing is an indication of an issue with either the camera's firmware or the SD card being used. Try the following:

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @brockwhiston

Sorry to hear about the frozen screen. If this is the first time that it happened, see if turning the camera off, then on will help. Freezing is an indication of an issue with either the camera's firmware or the SD card being used. Try the following:

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you so much i have tried this and managed to get the screen on but now when I turn it off instead of turning off its taking loads of pictures ?
Thank you
Brock
Sorry it's just I go to Australia tomorrow and really wanna be able to take photos
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @brockwhiston

May I know how do you turn it on and off? 

Also will you be able to record a video of what's happening? 

You can post it on dropbox or youtube and share the link here so that we can check. 

Regards,

-Jay