Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Go pro won’t stop taking pictures

At the beach and my hero 5 saw under water for about 3-5 seconds. Immediately following, and still to this day, my go pro continues to take picture(without me pushing the button) rendering the touch screen useless since the camera is operating. I can’t change from photo, video or burst. The camera is absolutely useless now and would like some answers. This is my first GoPro and I hate to say it’s a complete fail. I also cant even see where any water got inside the doors so I’m not sure what’s wrong with thit device. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Go pro won’t stop taking pictures

Hi @royalcave55473

As this is an unusual behavior, a manual software update is needed.

If the issue continues after the update, take the SD card out and see how the camera behaves. Try to change settings and switch to different modes. Take note of any error messages.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Go pro won’t stop taking pictures

Hi @royalcave55473

As this is an unusual behavior, a manual software update is needed.

If the issue continues after the update, take the SD card out and see how the camera behaves. Try to change settings and switch to different modes. Take note of any error messages.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej