Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Go pro max- Not able to update the firmware manually from SD card or from GoPro App

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Go pro max- Not able to update the firmware manually from SD card or from GoPro App

Hi @deftstoke46751

What error message are you getting?

Please try running the update manually.

Make sure to format the card before saving the UPDATE folder.

https://gopro.com/en/us/update/max

Can you also share the brand, type, and capacity of the card used?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Go pro max- Not able to update the firmware manually from SD card or from GoPro App

I tried running the app manually and somehow i managed to make it work and update was successful but later when i recorded a video in 360 mod and downloaded the footage on to my app there are some weird boxes coming in the video. Dont know if this is due to low light because even in natural light i can see it. 

Attaching some images below to give you an idea 

Highlighted
Hiker

I tried running the app manually and somehow i managed to make it work and update was successful but later when i recorded a video in 360 mod and downloaded the footage on to my app there are some weird boxes coming in the video. Dont know if this is due to low light because even in natural light i can see it. 

Attaching some images below to give you an idea 

2.JPG
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @deftstoke46751

I have tested 5.6K/30 and 3K/60 video files and did not observe the reported issue.

I am using a Huawei P30, GoPro App version 7.22.

Would you mind trying another file?

Can you also check if this happens to 360 photos?

If it's still the same, try the manual update again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

The same thing is happening again. I just got a new go pro max today and i went out to test it and the results came in.
Im using OnePlus 6T Android10. The moment i save the footage on my app these weird boxes comes up on the high-res file but on low res these patterns are not there.

im very disappointed with this. There should be a solution for this

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @deftstoke46751

Do you observe the same on a rendered file?

Can you also share a sample file so we can test it on our end?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes, it's the same in the rendered file as well.
Can you share your email ID so that i can share the drive link with you??