Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Go pro hero8 turning on by itself

[ New ]

Hi @martijnd028

Were you able to try the reset and the manual update?

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Ej @aragon1006 ,

Followed the instructions and sofar it only started up on itself once. My experience is if you realy shut down the app on your mobile device, the GoPro doesn't start on its own. BTW, I use a Huawei Mate20 Lite (Android 10) and noticed that the app isn't supported in Huawei's Appgalery. Could it be that this has an issue for GoPro because of the security issues Huawei seems to have?

Grt,

Martijn

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @martijnd028. Our team is still looking into the availability of the GoPro App in some Huawei devices. You may still be able to download an older version of app through the Huawei App Gallery. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Solved this by turning off App on phone and removing battery from GOPRO. Seems like the App is constantly trying to connect after a failed connection. Simply fix. Take out battery on GOPRO and turn off the app. This also solved my issue of GOPRO turning on while charging. 

Tourist

[ New ]
After a week the problem is still here. This is becoming very frustrating having an empty battery all of the time
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @martijnd028. If the issue persists despite troubleshooting steps that you have performed, please engage our Support team for further assistance. You can reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .

Tourist

[ New ]

Help! I see a lot of red light / battery issues going on here! I just got my 8 Black three days ago. I have updated the firmware and reset to factory settings due to battery issues I was having right out of the gate (GoPro recommended this in a chat session). I WAS using an older PNY 32g card (from my Hero 4) that may not have been up to speed... so I have switched to the included SANDISK Extreme 32g card. As I'm charging the camera now, and not touching it (it's OFF with no Wifi, bluetooth, or cloud settings on)... my red light has started to slowly blink. My camera also will spontaneously turn on while charging (with the PNY card I used, and the current Sandisk card). I have an iPhone 8+ that I am using the app on... but haven't really played with it as I'm trying to figure out these initial odd behaviors of the camera! Also, should the camera be using up to 50% of its battery over the period of 6 hours of no use and being completely off?

Tourist

[ New ]

If I do a full factory reset, the camera says it will remove my camera from my GoPro Plus account.... which I don't want to do? How do I do a factory reset without losing my camera on my Plus account? Having multiple issues with my new Hero 8 Black and want to try the factory reset.