Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Go pro hero 6. Cold weather

Did the supersuit work? I'm having issue with my Hero 6 as well in shooting snowboarding videos. I am getting frustrated to be honest. I had is close to my body and would only record vidoe less for 5 minutes that's with 2 batteries combined. 

Highlighted
Hiker

The Hero6 uses the same batteries as the Hero5 - so did Hero5 also have the cold weather problem ? Or is it a power or battery management issue unique to Hero6?  I am coming from a Session 5, which worked fine in cold weather with its non-removable battery

Highlighted
Explorer

Hero5 and Hero6 have the same shape and design but I think they initially went with a different manufacturer for the Hero6 battery. There were a lot of post on this when the Hero6 first came out. It seems some work better than others. I don't have any specifics and haven't had any issues with mine, but my batteries (both Hero5 & Hero6) have been swapped around so much I don't know which came with what camera and which were purchased separately.
Highlighted
Sightseer

i have the same problem with de gopro 5 session. I went snowboarding and the cold make the battery went to 0%. The same thing happens to the cellphones. The battery runs out, in some way to "protect" the camara.

TIP:

Something you can do, is to put the gopro near your mouth and breath out warm air until you feel its warmer, then you can record again.

i hope this will help you as a quik resolve.

see you!

Highlighted
Tourist

Same issue here. I went skiing last week and could not record more that 1 minute on each battery. After that, the camera was showing 0% battery left and turned off. I kept both the camera and batteries in my inner pocket but still... Never had any issue while skiing with my hero 4, even out of the case. That's very disappointing not to say frustrating. Are all the GoPro hero6 affected ? ...
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Guys, 

I had the same issue too. I got the super suit for gopro and it helped big time.

Highlighted
Tourist

Can you quantify the "big time" for us?
What environmental conditions, location, elevation, pre supersuit battery life and battery life utilising the case.
Details will be helpful.
Thanks
Highlighted
Sightseer

Same problems. Just got my 1st GoPro last week. Just took it on the slopes and it was shutting down, showing 0% battery life. Frustrating. I will probably send it back if it cannot be used at 25 degrees.