Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Go pro hero 5 black footage

[ New ]

Hey, I´ve filmed some stuff with my GoPro Hero 5, when the footage is transfered to the Quik app (on my Motrola G6 Plus) the footage turns black but the sound is still there. Does anyone know what to do? Mobile is running Android 8.0.0. Footage filmed in 2,7k with 60 fps. 

GoPro

Re: Go pro hero 5 black footage

[ New ]

Hi @oladude

Is this happening to one file only?

Were you able to check if it plays fine on the GoPro app?

Have you tried transferring the file using a different phone?

You may try the steps below:

• Change the video style 
  • Modify a little something in your project 
  • Pause the preview to let it load 
  • Make your video a bit shorter  
  • Close, reopen the app and restart your device   
  • Free up memory by closing all other apps 
  • Free up space on your device (if the app crashes at 100% by a "save to photos" it's probably because you don't have enough space)
  • Update your device to the current operating system
  • Last resort: try to make a clean install BUT be aware that your videos in Quik for mobile will be deleted so make sure you save them to your camera roll first. However know that videos uploaded online are still there. Clean install can help, especially after an update.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey, thanks for the reply.

This happening to all the files. The GoPro app seems to be able to play the footage. I haven´t tried using a different phone, because I only have one phone. 

I have tried all the steps you mentioned, except a clean install, I don´t know what that is. My device is up to date, running v2.60. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @oladude

Try to uninstall and reinstall Quik for mobile.

As stated previously, videos created through Quik for mobile will not be saved on the app.

You can have it saved to your local folder if needed.

For reference, you can also check Quik for mobile - Supported Resolutions

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Seems like my mobile device couldn´t process the footage, works when I put the resoultion down to 1080p.

Thanks.