Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Go pro hero 4 silver card says full no files to download

[ New ]
I have a go pro hero 4 silver running V5.0. I have a
8GB memory card class 4 SD. I’ve taken media from my camera and card before. I just recently went on a trip, took video and the card said full. When I connect the camera via wifi the Quik app (8.10) it says “no media yet”. I then try and plug the card directly into my PC. The DCIM folder is empty. If I click on the go pro 4 icon and go into the DCIM folder, it shows there are 7.52 GB used but no files. If I remove the ads card and insert directly into my pc each file under DCIN is a bunch of jibberish and symbols and I cannot open the files.
GoPro

Re: Go pro hero 4 silver card says full no files to download

[ New ]

Hi @adroithero6120

What SD card are you using? Please include the brand, type, and capacity.

Have you tried checking the SD card contents through File Explorer/Finder?

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
All of the information is in the original comment above.

There is no brand on the SD card (not sure why that matters), it’s a class 4 8GB micro card. I’ve tried other cards and there still seems to be issues with the go pro talking to my Quik app. This is why I tried using th card directly with my computer. The files look strange and cannot be opened.
Backpacker

[ New ]

The brand matters are not all cards are what they claim to be.  Some may not be compatible with your camera and result in unreadable junk files.

Usually for Full HD recording a class 10 card is recommended.

Tourist

[ New ]
Fair enough. As mentioned though, I put a Class 10 Sandisk Micro card that is 32 gigs and it read and connected once but won’t now.

I reset my camera to factory settings.

More than anything I really don’t want to lose the files on the “full” card.
Backpacker

[ New ]

Fair enough. As mentioned though, I put a Class 10 Sandisk Micro card that is 32 gigs and it read and connected once but won’t now.

Actually you didn't mention using other class 10 Sandisk Micro cards.  All you said was "I’ve tried other cards".  Not all Sandisk cards are compatible either.  For instance the Sandisk "Ultra" card is a class 10 card, but it not compatible with GoPro camera's.  This why it's nessacary that you mention not just the brand, but the model of the card too.  Sandisk Ultra cards cause camera issues and even corruption problems.

As for your "Full" card.  More than likely, due to the poor speed of the card, your video files simply were not recorded or are severly corrupted.  There may not be any chance repairing these files.  Can you post a screen shot of what you see when you open the files in explorer?

Tourist

[ New ]
Files look like this on file viewer on PC
Tourist

[ New ]
I do have a 64GB Sandusky Ultra class 10 that seems to work. The card I’m using currently has worked in the past and came with the camera.
Tourist

[ New ]
So are my files gone?