Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Go pro hero 4 black won’t turn on

[ New ]
Unit will not power on. Purchased another battery and it does the same thing. No illumination of the res light when connected to a charger. I’ve tried multiple chargers and wall plugs with the same result. One time it power on beeped three times and showed the GoPro logo on the screen. But never passed that point. Just froze there. I had to remove the battery to make it go away. I originally thought it was the battery because it was charging. So I bought a brand new battery. Installed it and it showed the fro pro logo again. Froze again. Removed battery again and now it does nothing.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Go pro hero 4 black won’t turn on

[ New ]

@smellslilefish, sorry to hear about the trouble. The power or charging issue in the camera can be related to either the charging fault, charging cable, battery problem, or the camera itself. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions that will help resolve this issue: HERO4 Camera Will Not Power On

If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or live chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Go pro hero 4 black won’t turn on

[ New ]

@smellslilefish, sorry to hear about the trouble. The power or charging issue in the camera can be related to either the charging fault, charging cable, battery problem, or the camera itself. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions that will help resolve this issue: HERO4 Camera Will Not Power On

If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or live chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs