03-26-2018 04:07 AM
Fastcave's link for software did the trick here too. Thank you so much. Even though my GoPro is Silver it's Serial Number resolves as the "white" model. Download files for GoPro3 white copied to microusb both to the root of the drive and also again inside a folder called "UPDATE" not sure which way it updated in the end - the key here it seems is getting the right colour. Picky :P
05-01-2018 07:42 AM
05-02-2018 11:37 AM
I am really sorry if you feel this way. Please follow these instructions to manually update HERO3+ camera software:
- Reformat your microSD card in the camera with the Delete ALL/Format function in the settings menu. If you're unsure of how to do that, read these instructions on how to reformat your microSD card in your camera. NOTE: Please ensure that you save any wanted footage on your SD card prior to formatting; this process will delete all videos/photos on the card.
- Power off your camera and eject the microSD card. Set your microSD card aside. In the steps outlined below, you'll need to drag a folder from your computer to your microSD card. Find your 'microSD card to USB adapter' or your 'microSD to SD card adapter' and set it aside for later.
- Download the update, which will download the UPDATE folder to your computer. Note - if the UPDATE folder is zipped once you download it to your computer, meaning that you see "UPDATE.zip" instead of "UPDATE", double-click on it so that UPDATE.zip unzips to give you the UPDATE folder.
- Connect your microSD card to your computer using the adapter you set aside in step 2, then drag the UPDATE folder to the root level of your microSD card.
- Eject your microSD card from your computer.
- Make sure your camera is powered OFF, then insert your microSD card back into your camera.
- Power your camera ON. In a few seconds, the camera's screen will flash "UPDATING" with a picture of a down-arrow and a camera to indicate that it's updating. It'll power OFF/ON 1-2 times, and show a message saying "UPDATE SUCCESS".
- Lastly, it is recommended to reformat your microSD card again in the camera so that you start with a fresh card the next time you use your camera.
Let us know how it goes.
05-05-2018 09:23 PM
I can't believe the GoPro how-to guide tells you to move the update FOLDER to the root of the SD-card when it's actually the FILES within that folder that are supposed to be moved to the root (I have the Hero 3 Black, NOT the + model)