Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Go pro hero 3+ won't update!!!

I'm having the exact same problem.  I'm using a SanDisk Ultra SD card it does not automatically update.  Shows version v03.00 on startup. 

Sightseer

Needs to be a ScanDisk Extreme. But I'm still have the same issue, stuck on update, only way to turn it off is remove the battery. I've tried the battery/shutter/power buttom and it does nothing. Just stuck on Updating......

Sightseer

Hey Hallo,

Today I have updated my Hero 3 Silver. But I there was a Problem with the naming of the Data. When I have unzipped the Update-Zip there was a file called "HD3.09-firmware.bin". I think it´s wrong. I don´t know if it was good what i have done, but I renamed the file to this "HD3.01-firmware.bin", like this tutorial:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_To/Software-Update-Instructions-for-HERO3-Cameras

And then it was working right.

Merry Christmas,

DonnerGunther

Sightseer

The instructions given in the Gopro website for undating are hard to follow!

Just do this:  down load the update file, unzip it and then create a folder called "Update" copy the extracted files to the Update folder.

Move the Update folder to your camera's memory card.  Turn on the camera and it will update!  Easy

Explorer

After downloading the Update.zip folder, right click (Windows) on the file and chose Extract.  This will extract an UPDATE folder containing the install files.  You can create your own folder and move these files into it, but it is not necessary.  When extracting, Windows will show the files inside the folder, but a folder is there. For simplicity, download the zip file to your download folder and when extracting, choose your desktop as the destination.

Sightseer

I had the same problem and found that you need to copy the WHOLE UPDATE FOLDER - NOT the files in the folder. Worked. The instructions said to copy the files IN THE FOLDER to your card.

Sightseer

Hey there, had the exact same issue with mine, found that if I put all the files from the update folder onto the SD Card individually and then followed the rest of the process it seems to fix the issue, hope it does the same for you. Good Luck

Sightseer

I was having the same problem. The only thing that made the difference was downloading the "Wifi and Firmware" update rather than the "Wifi Update Only." If that doesn't work, try the "Firmware only" option.