09-12-2017 10:27 PM
09-13-2017 12:07 AM
1) Remove battery and SD card
2) Format SD in your computer
3) Hold down top shutter button
4) While keeping the shutter pressed, insert the battery, wait about 8 seconds and power on (keeping the shutter pressed)
5) If the camera powers on, release the shutter, wait a few seconds and then power off.
6) Insert the SD card and power on the camera
7) Enter the settings menu and select the trash can icon to delete all/format your SD card
09-13-2017 12:34 AM
I remember having my Hero3 lock up once and it actually turned out to be a faulty battery, so that's something you might want to try as well. You can get cheap knock off brands on Amazon to try it out. I'm my case, the battery was providing enough power to turn on the camera but but enough to allow the camera to function.
Also, try the reset process a few more times. Sometimes it doesn't work on the first attempt.
If you do decide to try a new battery, do the reset and manual update with it. This process seems to "unjam" the camera's processor.
09-14-2017 09:12 AM
My next cam will be a Chinese cam from amazon.
I have a Chinese cam from Amazon. If you want choppy, pixelated, blue-tinted, high-contrast, 1080p video from your action cam, then go ahead. In fact, I'm currently selling a Chinese cam for cheap, now that I have a GoPro. Contact me if interested.
09-23-2017 03:22 PM
when i go through the update section in the support tab and select Hero3. i can get all the way to the update part but the button is unaccessable. i reset the browser and even tried 2 others. the update button just shows a red circle for my mouse