08-27-2017 08:49 AM
08-29-2017 06:17 AM
I am having the same exact issue. GoPro Black 3+; followed instructions exactly. Insert card, power up, says upgrading. Does this twice by cycling through update script. When turning back on, firmware remains as 3.03 and I still can't access via wifi. How do I fix this?
09-01-2017 10:25 AM
Could it be that my GoPro 3+ Black is old enough that it won't update past a certain firmware release? I was able to downgrade to firmware 3.0 and then update so I can at least communicate with my iPhone via wifi but firmware is at 03.03.
09-01-2017 10:47 AM
It should be able to update to the latest version, and it sounds like you are actually on the version. The latest version is v3.03. I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team if you are still having some trouble with that camera.
09-01-2017 10:46 PM
After trying this for MONTHS on end, I finally realise what's the problem...you gotta reformat your card AND there are some minor details in the steps for Hero 3+ that were missed out by GOPRO's official support page =.=
HOW TO RESET GOPRO WIFI PASSWORD (HERO 3+):
1. Reformat Card
2. go to gopro site to update firmware and wifi (you can reset password there)
3. download folder with reset password
4. unzip update folder, make sure unzipped folder is called "UPDATE" in caps
5. for Hero 3+, copy and paste entire unzipped "UPDATE" folder into SD card. Do not put in another folder (i.e. misc).
6. insert sd card and turn on gopro. Gopro should reset a few times
Hope your tortured souls can now rest in peace!