Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Go pro hero 3+ won't update!!!

Had same issues, now got it to work. Files on GoPro website do work. Old SD card not an issue. I downloaded update file with amended password from site. Took out SD card from camera abd inserted into computer. Created a new folder called 'UPDATE' all caps. Dont put inside MISC file just keep it as separate folder in SD card. Unzip individual files from download and drag them into UPDATE folder, newly created. Eject SD card safely, using icon, bottom right on computer. Insert SD card back into camera. Turn on and off. May need to re-insert a couple of times. Fired-up fine. Took me two days of fiddling to fathom this. Process on GoPro website is poorly set out.
Sightseer

I am having the same exact issue.  GoPro Black 3+; followed instructions exactly.  Insert card, power up, says upgrading.  Does this twice by cycling through update script.  When turning back on, firmware remains as 3.03 and I still can't access via wifi.  How do I fix this?

Sightseer

format the sd and drag the whole update folder

Sightseer

Could it be that my GoPro 3+ Black is old enough that it won't update past a certain firmware release?  I was able to downgrade to firmware 3.0 and then update so I can at least communicate with my iPhone via wifi but firmware is at 03.03.

GoPro

Hi @bobk231,

It should be able to update to the latest version, and it sounds like you are actually on the version. The latest version is v3.03. I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team if you are still having some trouble with that camera.

Best,

Ryan

Sightseer

After trying this for MONTHS on end, I finally realise what's the problem...you gotta reformat your card AND there are some minor details in the steps for Hero 3+ that were missed out by GOPRO's official support page =.= 

HOW TO RESET GOPRO WIFI PASSWORD (HERO 3+):

1. Reformat Card

2. go to gopro site to update firmware and wifi (you can reset password there)

3. download folder with reset password

4. unzip update folder, make sure unzipped folder is called "UPDATE" in caps

5. for Hero 3+, copy and paste entire unzipped "UPDATE" folder into SD card. Do not put in another folder (i.e. misc).

6. insert sd card and turn on gopro. Gopro should reset a few times

Hope your tortured souls can now rest in peace! 

Sightseer

swiftflame's solution worked for me! Thank you!

Sightseer

Following your steps finally worked and has been the best directions!  THANK YOU!