Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Go pro hero 3+ won't update!!!

I was very frustrated as well! I finally got it! I have a 3+ Black Edition and it turns out that they are all different. This website has the correct files!

https://om.id.au/software-update-reset-gopro-hero-3-and-4/

Have a blessed day!

Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous you are the man! (or woman)

I could not get this figurted out on my go pro silver 3+.... your link did the trick!

Thanks

Highlighted
Tourist

I have done everything recommended from everyone on here numerous times with no success. I don't know what to do to get it working properly and tired of trying. Not sure if mine is defective or messed up by previous owner? 

Any suggestions for me to take it somwhere for professional assistance before I sell it for a loss? 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Glad it worked for you brother! I was very frustrated until I finally found the correct software! Strange to me that the black edition is different from the silver as far as software?!?!?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Swiftboost did you follow the link and download the correct software for your particular GoPro?
Highlighted
Anonymous

After days of trying; this post finally gave me the link to the software to update it and reset it.

It downloaded ok, and onto SD card. Plugged in an gopro 3+ silver updated automatically!!! Screen said v 3.00 but downloaded from link that said V3.10  Linked to the app and works over the wifi again!!! It then wanted to update so then it went to V3.02 - weird it needs updating again!

(or should I have not let it update itself again???)

Highlighted
Anonymous

After you extract the .zip file it will create a "UPDATE" folder with several files in it. Drap and drop that entire folder to the SD card. Don't drap and drop just the files within the UPDATE folder but the entire folder.

The GoPro step by step instructions show that only the files contained within the "UPDATE" folder need to be dragged and dropped onto the SD card but in my case it didn't work. The entire folder needed to be copied onto the SD.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Anonymous

You have saved lives today!  Holy mackerel I have been fighting with the damned thing for hours trying to get it to update...following every tutorial to try and get it to connect to the App and nada....your link solved EVERYTHING!  Though now it is wanting to disconnect and tells me the camera is not on...but I am going to put it down for today and consider this progress a victory.