03-15-2019 02:02 PM
Problem with instructions in the update, says insert micro sd in the camera, then towards the end, it says remove from the comouter...am lost as to where the micro sd should actually be
03-15-2019 04:36 PM - edited 03-15-2019 04:39 PM
Hi @reddive77075, you can try to follow these steps accordingly:
- From the HERO3+ update page click "Update your camera manually" below "Other Ways to Update" to begin.
- On the first page, enter your serial number and registration information and then click "Next Step."
- On the next page, select 'Wi-Fi & Firmware Update' with the blue check mark and click "Next Step."
- On the next page, enter your new camera name and password.
- Follow the steps from STEP 3 through the LAST STEP on this link: Software Update Instructions for HERO3+ Cameras
If the camera does not initiate the update it can be because the camera is not recognizing the update on the SD card. You will want to make sure to follow all of the instructions as outlined on the GoPro website's update page to ensure no steps are being missed. I do also have some suggestions here that should help get the update working as well.
- Make sure the UPDATE folder is unzipped/extracted, before placing it on the SD card. If the folder is compressed, the camera will not be able to read it;
- Ensure the UPDATE folder does not have any additional characters in the folder title, i.e. "UPDATE (1)". The camera will only recognize a folder titled "UPDATE", in upper case letters with no additional characters;
- Format the SD card before placing the update folder/files onto the root of the card (format on yourcomputer, or DELETE ALL files in the camera's Delete menu);
- Be sure to place the entire UPDATE folder on the root level of the SD card.
Once you have the necessary file(s) placed on the SD card, unplug it from the computer and insert the microSD card into your camera. Once it's plugged in, power on the camera. The update should automatically initiate.
Hopefully this helps!
08-01-2019 11:53 AM - edited 08-01-2019 11:54 AM
I know this is an old thread but I just had this problem and was able to get it fixed so I wanted to add a post for anyone else stumbling across this.
The two differences for me were:
I formatted my SD card then put the files in a folder called "UPDATE".
When I turned on the camera I held the power button down for 8-10 seconds.
This caused my camera to finally update.
Also, the SD card didn't seem to make a difference for me. The one I used in the end was an ancient 2GB card.