Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Go pro hero 3 Travada - Go pro hero 3 Locked

Olá, comprei uma gopro recente, na internet, chegou hoje dia 05/10, no começo estava funcionando tranquilamente, consegui registrar no app, fazer um vídeo, mas após isso ela simplesmente travou. Trava no sentido de eu ter que tirar a bateria e colocar novamente, no display ela trava na tela que aparece 'Hero 3' e sua versão, poderiam me dar uma luz por favor?! Meu sonho começar a gravar vídeos. Muito obrigado

Hello, I bought a recent gopro, on the internet, it arrived today on 05/10, at the beginning it was working smoothly, I managed to register in the app, make a video, but after that it just crashed. It locks in the sense that I have to take the battery out and put it again, on the display it locks on the screen that appears 'Hero 3' and its version, could you please give me a light ?! My dream is to start recording videos. Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Go pro hero 3 Travada - Go pro hero 3 Locked

@mariustanya  escreveu:

Hello, @loyalalp07376. By frozen, do you mean the camera is always stuck on the same screen even after a battery pull out? Yes, see if the update files will be detected. If not, let our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs know so they can help you with the next steps. 

Hey friend, I managed to solve the problem, it was really related to the Hero3 silver edition update, in the website tutorial, it showed that I should put the entire folder inside the root directory, I saw a video and I just put the loose files and the update ran and it worked cool, now the camera is working normally, thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @loyalalp07376. If you haven't yet, perform a manual firmware update following the steps at How to Update GoPro Cameras . Let us know how it goes. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

@mariustanya  escreveu:

Hello, @loyalalp07376. If you haven't yet, perform a manual firmware update following the steps at How to Update GoPro Cameras . Let us know how it goes. 

Hello @mariustanya thank you so much for your answer!! can I update the camera even though it is totally frozen? This is being the biggest problem ...

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @loyalalp07376. By frozen, do you mean the camera is always stuck on the same screen even after a battery pull out? Yes, see if the update files will be detected. If not, let our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs know so they can help you with the next steps. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

@mariustanya  escreveu:

@mariustanya thank you for the answer! I tried to do the manual update, followed the tutorial on the website, downloaded the update post to my sd card, put the files in the root, but when I put the card inside the camera and started it, it was the same way, frozen, without no update signal ... In that case, do you have a solution? The camera arrived today for me, thanks

Highlighted
Sightseer

@mariustanya  escreveu:

Hey friend, I managed to solve the problem, it was really related to the Hero3 silver edition update, in the website tutorial, it showed that I should put the entire folder inside the root directory, I saw a video and I just put the loose files and the update ran and it worked cool, now the camera is working normally, thanks for your help!