Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Go pro has water in the lense

[ New ]

I got a replacement camera because my first camera was switching on and off and now I have used this new camera for the seconf time and after I went underwater I came up and noticed water in the lense. This is creating a distorted image on the screen. Due to this, the camera has frozen and ran out of batteries and wont turn back on. 

Tourist

Re: Go pro has water in the lense

[ New ]

Ugh! I have the same problem!

I didn't trust that it was waterproof so last week I used it with the waterproof casing. However, it was always getting foggy so this time I took a chance and put my camera in the water without the casing and now it has water in the lense! I thought these are suppose to be waterproof. :(

GoPro

[ New ]

@livelysumm224, @sylvies5256, so long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO7 Silver is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without housing. We want to look at what happened to see how we can help. Please contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you but I had everything closed properly. I was in contact with a Go Pro rep who was very quick to respond and professional and offered a one time exchange for a replacement. However, I read somewhere that if I leave the port door open, the camera would get air in and eventually dry out the water. It took 8 days but it worked!

I'm sorry to say but the go pro 7 Silver has a fault. I know I'm not the only one with this problem and I have had many go pro cameras in the past so I know how to handle them.

Thank you for your support. :)