03-19-2019 02:20 PM
Hi, I need to ask for help. I have a Hero Session camera purchased in 2015. I'm in trouble, because the camera turns on and off by itself. Sometimes it works, sometimes it turns on and off by itself. How to correct this? I already checked factory reset, and also firmware upgrade. Nothing solved the problem. Please help me.
03-19-2019 05:29 PM
Sorry to hear about the trouble, @marcusf711. It seems strange if the camera will power on / off by itself, without a remote or GoPro App. I do have some troubleshooting suggestions here that might help. Please follow these steps accordingly:
- Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history.
- Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history.
- iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.
- Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
- Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings.
- Perform a factory reset on your camera.
- Manually reinstall the firmware of your HERO Session camera. Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: Software Update Instructions for Session Cameras
- Test out the camera.
Once complete, you can pair your mobile device to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.
Hopefully this helps!