Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Go pro Battery issue and also freezing issue and heating up

So I just recently bought my go pro hero 8 and i barely used it i finally test it out yesterday on my ride but i am really dissapointed my battery can only last for 1hr of 1080p 60 fps GPS off wifi off and the charge of my battery is jumping all over when i turn it off it is 100 when it is turned on again it will become 70 or 80% and my go pro is untouchable after a minute or so using it i hope my problem will be fix i tried contacting the support to open up my existing case they are no calling me i been trying it for like a month or so :( i hope my problem will be fix thank you and godbless and also sometimes my gopro is Popping up a warning about my battery saying that i am not using the original battery but i bought mine brandnew and i am using the GO pro batter came out of the box. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Go pro Battery issue and also freezing issue and heating up

@christiang0224, the camera's maximum battery capacity will vary based on settings, environmental conditions, and other factors. You may check this article that lists down the estimated runtime (in minutes) of the GoPro cameras. 

It is important to determine battery integrity to make sure that your camera works smoothly. You may perform a short record time test through the instructions here.
  

Should you get a runtime that is significantly shorter than the expected battery life, despite you using a recommended SD card and the camera being updated to the latest firmware, let our Support team know. This way, they can help you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

So i tried it once more inside our house while the ac is on it only laster 1 hr and 5 mins its very sad i am also using the recommended sd card and also no one is calling me in my number when i tried the support 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @christiang0224. If this is the battery that has the blue base, does the 1 hr and 5 min recording time that you got not meet the expected battery life for the resolution settings that you have used? 

If you have already contacted Support and did not receive a callback, please post back with your case number so we can follow up with Support. Thanks!