Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Go pro 9 runs of the USB C, but won't charge battery.

My brand new GoPro 9 runs fine off the USB C cable, but won't charge the battery.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Go pro 9 runs of the USB C, but won't charge battery.

Be sure to push the battery in firmly. Also, double check that the connectors on the battery and in the camera are clean and straight. If you still have issues though, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs can help with more troubleshooting.

Highlighted
Tourist

Is it just me, or is the battery barely engaged in the Hero 9? My 7 kind of snapped into place...I plug in the 9 with USB and the battery pops in and out super easily. Seems not great.

Highlighted
Hiker

When recording and plugged into USB, it won’t charge the battery.

Also agree about the battery. It no longer locks into its spot (every other camera/device does) so the only ways to have the battery secure and the a USB plugged in are via media mod, or buy aftermarket battery doors. Look at ulanzi for good quality options.
Highlighted
Tourist

I have this experience.

Power off gorpro 9 and plug usb c, gopro 9 red light on, several minute later system hang. WTX XD

If power on gorpro 9 and plug usb c, gopro 9 will use power bank.

I believe it is usb c cable problem.When i moving, USB C may be loose and then system sometime detected power delivery and no power delivery. A few minute later let system go to strange.

Highlighted
Tourist

Needing an aftermarket part for something as simple as holding a battery in place is very sad... Or needing a media mod... I don't know. I think I like my 7 better. I also am not sold on the fins built into the camera as the camera shifts around and it was so easy just pulling the 7 in or out of the holder... Just color me frustrated.

I just bought a magnetic USB cable, which may help so it will pop off off his like that again. May be too late for this camera, though. I have the subscription, so maybe return for a new one and hope the USB port is more solid?.
Thoughts?