Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Go pro 8 doesn’t recognize battery

[ Edited ]
I just bought the camera a month before covid, i think i used it once and all of a sudden it doesn’t recognize the battery so therefor i cant even turn the camera on. I cant even return the product because its way past the return window due to covid. Whats the next step here?
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Go pro 8 doesn’t recognize battery

Hi @infbuckets

Does the camera power on when plugged in directly to a power source?

Please go over the steps on HERO8 Black - Will Not Power On

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

The camera turns on without batter however it wasnt recognizing the battery in it so they sent me a new battery which i got today, i just tried it and it still says no battery. So im not sure whats going on here.

Highlighted
Tourist

I ran through the steps. The the camera turns on when pluggin in no problem. However the new battery that was just sent to me still says no battery. Could it be something faulty in the go pro itself?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @infbuckets. Do the batteries have a blue cap in them? If you haven't yet, try doing a manual update. This will help clear any possible error with the current camera installation. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you through the process. After the update, perform a factory reset.  Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Of course they do :) . I literally just had one sent to me from customer support. I will try to manually update and see what happens. Thanks
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the confirmation, @infbuckets. Let us know how it goes after the manual update. 

Highlighted
Tourist

It doesnt look like it notices when i put the card in. It shows the card is there but it doesnt do anything when i start it up, it goes to a battery screen then right to this screen in the picture below.

IMG_1290.JPG