Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Go pro 7 black randomly turning on

Hi I purchased the go pro 7 black two weeks ago for my husbands birthday, We are having a few problems It keeps randomly turning on, we was sitting on the sofa last night watching tv and it just tunrned on and started recording, this has happend numerous times over the last couple of weeks. We hope to get this resolved as soon as possible as we are due to fly out to Antigua in 5 weeks. 

Regards 

Mrs Thariea Paige

Hiker

Re: Go pro 7 black randomly turning on

[ Edited ]

This has happened once so far with mine. I did have voice control and wake on voice ON so put it down to that mistakenely picking up random speech as a "gopro turn on" trigger.

Try turning off wake on voice or voice control altogether. Also try turning off quick capture mode as when it happended to me this was also on so another possibility for the culprit bug.

Hiker

this is because voice command is turned on. you must turn it off

Sightseer

Hi I had the same problem with mine in the first week so I exchange it and I am having the same problem with the new one. Everything is off voice control,quick capture and Wi-Fi. I don't know what to do am hearing beeping on and off while am writing this.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @pablogaud

Sorry for any troubles caused.

Have you ran a manual update on the replacement camera? https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

Once the update is completed, reset the camera to its default settings. Preferences > Reset > Reset Defaults > Confirm Reset

If all else fails, please let our Support Team isolate the issue further.

You may reach them via phone or chat.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

Add me to the list.

Brand new GoPro & Black. Updated to 1.61.

Camera is impossible to turn off when wireless connections set to on in Preferences. It instantly turns itself back on when turned off..

Done a reset, manual update. All of that.

Doesn't matter if App is in use or not. Even with phone in Airplane mode and no WiFi or Bluetooth connection is available, camera will restart as soon as it powers down. Voice control set to off doesn't help

Setting wireless connections to Off instantly "fixes" the problem...

Seems to be as soon as it powers down it wants to turn back on to search for a connection.

This was a major issue with the Hero 6. Still not fixed!!! 

Seems a pretty obvious bug in the code. You just need to make the OFF setting an actual OFF mode, not a sleep mode where it is waiting for a connection. Is it that hard?

GoPro

Hi @snowystorm41126,

Sorry to know that.

Please contact our customer support team via phone or chat. 

They can assist you with that. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay