Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Go Pro won't download some of my media onto my iPhone camera roll

[ New ]

I recently got a go pro hero 9 and I just used it for the first time recording a bunch of different videos. I downloaded them all onto the app and I went to save them to my camera roll and some of them say "fail to download." Does anyone know why that is happening? Thank you. 

GoPro

Re: Go Pro won't download some of my media onto my iPhone camera roll

[ New ]

Hi @chrispoulos

Thank you for choosing GoPro to capture great moments.

Were you able to update the camera?

Do you also have the latest version of the app?

Are these long videos? Do you observe the same when saving photos?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello EJ,

Thank you for your response. I do have the latest version of the app but I dont know if my camera is updated. The videos I was trying to share were about 3 mins, 4 mins, and 7 mins. Some other things that are happening are that when I download videos onto my camera roll, some of the videos are scattered around and not in order. My phone is also currently failing to connect to my go pros WIFI so I don't know whats going on all of a sudden. It is a brand new go pro so I am hoping I can get everything fixed. Thanks. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @chrispoulos

To check the camera's version, go to Preferences> About> Camera Info.

Regarding the connections, see if hanging the camera's Wi-Fi band will help.

Check out GoPro Quik: Troubleshoot Connectivity Issues

Let us know how it goes.

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello EJ,

My go pro's version is 01.60. I changed the wifi band and I think it worked because two of the three videos that couldn't download before are now downloaded. The one video that so far didn't download is 7 minutes long so that's most likely the reason why. So far its looking like I can download most of my videos but if there are any that I can't download, I'll let you know. 

Thank you for all your help!

- Chris