Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Go Pro won't connect and video's are freezing

[ New ]

Dear support,

I am a bit disappointed by my GoPro lately. There are two serious issues which I can't seem to solve on my own;

1. I can't connect the GoPro app to the GoPro properly. It really won't work. I've tried every possible way I've found online. I am using the GoPro Hero Black 7 with a OnePlus 6T.
  2. Some of my video's are corrupt. Last week I shot some video's while snowboarding. When in playback, the video freezes but the audio keeps playing. Also the size of the file seems valid but the video keeps freezing at the exact same point. It happened in 3 out of 40 video's, I also recorded a new video right after the one which is corrupt and that one is perfectly fine. So it can't be the heat/cold of the device. How is this possible, how can I fix the issue and the corrupt video's?

Thanks.

GoPro

Re: Go Pro won't connect and video's are freezing

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @rancov50. Typically, the connection issue between camera and GoPro App can be resolved by resetting the Wi-Fi settings. Please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.  
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here.
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions here.

As for the videos with playback issue, do you get the same result when playing back the videos directly in the camera?

If you're experiencing the playback issue on your computer only, check out the troubleshooting suggestions here.

If the problem is apparent on your mobile device, the details in this article will help.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi,

I have tried to fix the GoPro app before and it does not work. The videos are also broken on the GoPro playback.

I think it's broken to be honest.
Tourist

[ New ]

@rancov50 There is a issue with the gopro 7 and freezing. Look for a topic in this forum with about 20 pages!

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update, @rancov50. Since the video playback issue happens directly in the camera, can you please provide us a copy of the raw / unedited footage via Dropbox or Google Drive share? This will help us better understand what might have caused the problem.

By the way, what SD card are you using? 

You can get the full list of microSD cards that are known to work well with GoPro cameras here. It is also advisable to format the SD card before use. (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.) 

Tourist

[ New ]
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for sharing the information @rancov50

Issues like this relates to the SD card or this may be related to the software on the camera.

This is the 32GB Sandisk Extreme SD card we recommend: 

https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-3/sandisk-extreme-32gb-microsdhc/ASDMC-432.html

You may also try re-flashing the software. https://gopro.com/update

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Dear support,

The sd card I was using is fast enough, so that should not be the problem. Could you please come up with a proper solution? And what about the fact that I've never been able to connect to my GoPro in first place...

I'm 100% sure my GoPro is not functioning correctly. Maybe you should bring it home for a repairal. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rancov50

If you have already tried the suggested step above and it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team.

They are available by phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!