Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Go Pro hero session leaking into lens

I bought a Go Pro hero session about a year ago around Christmas and have only used it on about 7-8 different occasions. Just recently I wanted to record some of my swimming around in a lake but when I went to put my Go Pro underwater it started to leak into the front where the lens is so I went back home a looked for what was wrong when I decided to dry it out but that made it fog so I put it in my sink with water just deeper then the Go Pro its self and it still leaked. Any possible solutions.

IMG_0002.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: Go Pro hero session leaking into lens

Has the lens ever been removed? The inside of the screws look like some paint has been worn away. Could just be the angle of the picture.

Anyway, if water is get then you will probably need to replace the protective lens. The gasket isn't sealing properly. You can try removing the lens and re-seating it and see if that helps. If not, you should get a new protective lens. You can order it here https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-2/lens-replacement-kit-hero-session/ARLRK-002.html

You will need a Torx#4 screwdriver to take the protective lens off. The replacement lens will come with one.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

Has the lens ever been removed? The inside of the screws look like some paint has been worn away. Could just be the angle of the picture.

Anyway, if water is get then you will probably need to replace the protective lens. The gasket isn't sealing properly. You can try removing the lens and re-seating it and see if that helps. If not, you should get a new protective lens. You can order it here https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-2/lens-replacement-kit-hero-session/ARLRK-002.html

You will need a Torx#4 screwdriver to take the protective lens off. The replacement lens will come with one.
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

you can not buy just a seal. I  dry her up.  retightem and dip lens Down just   below the  lens  seal line and  see if water enters .  For Safety reasons I order a new Kit and  hold onto the lens.  carful using cheap torx tool  all I can say.

Tourist

it had never been open before it leaked but then when it fogged up I tried to get the fog out so I tried to unscrew it but I couldn't.