12-09-2018 05:24 AM
I bought my 1st GoPro hero 7 silver last week. I waited for it to be battery drained before I plugged for charging. It was charged until 100% then I turned it off. When I turn it on it came down to 69% even without using. So what I did, I turned off the wifi connection, screen, the beep is on mute. I turn it off when I turn it on the next day it went down to 42% even without using.
I am going on vacation this Thursday and really looking forward to using the camera.
12-09-2018 05:42 AM
A Few Options: care to hear you nah. Buy a spare bat, wait for the firmware, exchange camera. no fixes are available today.
12-27-2018 09:19 AM
1. Downloaded GoPro App
2. Synced camera and phone
3. Did software update v.2
4. Charged battery.
5. Tested features, took test photos, videos indoors. Noticed camera temperature and battery drain to 16%
6. Turned off GPS, WiFi, voice command stayed on.
7. Charged to 100% and left turned off overnight
8. Turned on after 8 hours and battery showed 83%
9. In 2 minutes it was down to 80%.
10. Turned off. 30 minutes later it's at 78%. GPS and WiFi are still off.
Hope to resolve this ASAP.
12-27-2018 10:03 AM
Have you tried updating the camera manually?
You can check manual update steps here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero7-cameras