Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Go Pro hero 7 Black External Mic Problem

[ New ]
About a month ago i bought a hero 7 black because of the stabilization and improved audio. I got the go pro mic adapter and hooked up the mic just fine.. audio was very good.. so good i even stopped using my canon for daily vlogs. I mean stability and great audio on a tiny cAmera, no gymbal.. its a wish come true.. all worked fine for a entire month. Today i was doing my regular videos in wich i do talking in the selfie position.. i spend the entire day reviewing hotels, restaurants etc.. something in my mind said.. check the videos.. and i did.. Almost no sound !! Like underwAter sound.. after i checked I see the external mic is not being recognize anymore, so the go pro was reccording sound from its own internal mic and because of the housing my go pro is in the sound i get with the internal mic is very little.

I have tried everything and it just appears that overnight without me changing anything the cAmera stopped recognizing the external adapter ( i tried a different mic too)

Could this be software or hardware?!!

GoPro

Re: Go Pro hero 7 Black External Mic Problem

[ New ]

Hello @coolridge01216. See if the audio captured by the camera has been impacted by the type of microphone used or the method by which recording was done, particularly whether or not Quik Capture was used. There is more information here https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/HERO5-Black-External-Microphone-Information about the setup. 

If this does not help and the issue persists, our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be glad to assist you with further troubleshooting. You may reach them by phone or chat. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
I thought about the quick capture.. it might been the first reccording of the day was done with quick capture and then after that all went downhill.. shouldnt the problem been only with the reccord done with quick cApture?.. i have been reccording with no problems with voice commands..
Sightseer

[ New ]
This happens when you try to vlog on a constant basis with these cameras !! Now they are sending me a new adapter.. but thats not the purpose of this.. is having reliable products to do the job... back to my canon and just using the go pro for what is build for “ACTION”