Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Go Pro Max quality not good with both pictures and video

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have owned my go pro max for about 2 months and I cannot seem to figure out how to get the picture and video quality to be good. I have watched countless videos and yet still I can use the tripod and have a 10 second timer for a picture and the quality if below standard. Can anyone help me out? Here is a sample of how the camera was dead still yet everything is blurry and looks like a 2005 Razor took the picture ;( 

GPTempDownload.JPG
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Go Pro Max quality not good with both pictures and video

The picture looks great for a 360 degree camera.

However due to the curvature of the lens needed to capture 360 degree photo's, you're always going to see blurry edges and light splitting in your photo's.

So it's really a trade off.  If you want 360 photo's and video, the GoPro Max is going to get you good footage.  

But if you just want a more normal looking shot, you need to change camera's and use the camera best suited for the job.

When I am doing a quick shoot, I always bring 3 camera's with me.  A 360 camera, my GoPro Hero 8 Black and my Canon DSLR.  Depending on what I want to capture I'll switch back and forth between them.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I got some problem...just bought it yesterday...i cant take good video using 360. The video seem blury. Faces and background seem not focus.
Highlighted
Tourist

That makes sense. But in terms of video, how come the quality is so miserable compared to others?
Highlighted
Hiker

..can you please give me one or more examples of another real 360cam (not a regular action cam) which has a noticeable better picturequality  !?

Highlighted
Nomad

Because you're capturing a huge 360 degree sphere with a max resolution of 5.6k.

With a non 360 camera you're only capturing about 1/8th of that whole picture at 4K resolution.