Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Go Pro Hero3+ videos will not play on my laptop Windows 10 HELP!!

[ New ]

Oh for Pete's sake,  this sucks big time.  Took videos of a great ride and now pc will not play them  Windows 10 

I am really upset about it.  Never had this problem before and I am angry and disappointed and want to choke something!!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Go Pro Hero3+ videos will not play on my laptop Windows 10 HELP!!

[ New ]

@nicesummit1465, it is odd if the video files aren't supported by any video player on your Windows 10 computer. All videos recorded using HERO3+ will be saved in MP4 format which is compatible to most video players.

If you still have the files in the SD card, connect it to your computer using an SD card reader or adapter. Browse into the DCIM folder and locate the video (MP4) files. If you are seeing other files such as .LRV and .THM, these file formats aren't your video files. These files are only needed to support the Copy, Playback, and Share functionality in the latest version of the GoPro App.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @nicesummit1465

How are the files transferred?

Are you using Quik for desktop or a different player?

How are the files when transferred to a mobile phone via the GoPro app?

See Import Camera Files to a Computer - Windows 10 for reference

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have tried everything known to me to play the recorded videos.  Niether of my pc will play the videos.  NOTHING.  Keeps saying file not supported etc etc etc.   

One of the older vids plays but not the latest ones.  Something is awry here, and I am totally disgusted.

I have tried the micro converter, I have tried different playback software,  all to no avail.  I am going to ask again.  Why won't my vids play on Windows 10?   My files are all there.  Transferred correctly  NO play, no see.  This is not acceptable. and I need to know if there is anything more you can advise me on before I take this go pro to the shooting range?

Sandy

GoPro

[ New ]

@nicesummit1465, it is odd if the video files aren't supported by any video player on your Windows 10 computer. All videos recorded using HERO3+ will be saved in MP4 format which is compatible to most video players.

If you still have the files in the SD card, connect it to your computer using an SD card reader or adapter. Browse into the DCIM folder and locate the video (MP4) files. If you are seeing other files such as .LRV and .THM, these file formats aren't your video files. These files are only needed to support the Copy, Playback, and Share functionality in the latest version of the GoPro App.