Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Go Pro Hero Black 9 zoom problems.

[ New ]

The 2.7k video resolution doesn't support digital zoom or the shortcut button.

Please help. Thank you.

Hiker

Re: Go Pro Hero Black 9 zoom problems.

[ New ]

It should offer 1.4x zoom, unless you have the Max Lens Mod active, in which case the zoom option is disabled (due to the way the horizon levelling works which requires a lot of pixels)

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/HERO9-Black-Video-Settings-and-Resolutions/ta-p/711495

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank You! How can I fix that? 

Hiker

[ New ]
Stick the original lens back on and change to Linear Mode which will give you approximately the same field of view as with the Max Lens Mod at 1.4x zoom. You can even use the Max Lens Mode and still use the horizon levelling mode.
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for your support but I don't have any Max Lens Mod.
A friend told me I need to look for the Mod Mode icon in the dashboard but I can't see it. There seems to be an icon missing: do you know how to find it?

Hiker

[ New ]
Max Lens Mod mode icon needs to be turned on before it can be selected, you turn the icon on as follows:
Turn on, swipe down, swipe left, scroll down and select Mods, select Max Lens Mod

Now the icon appears at the lower right of the menu screen.

However, I don’t think that is going to help you as you don’t want MLM mode on!

I’ve just tried to use the zoom, and in all modes I tried (2.7k, 4K, 5k) it said “Unavailable”. As I’ve never before used zoom I don’t know whether it has ever worked, but according to the tech doc I linked above it should work in all modes except MLM mode. Someone else may be able to shed some light on the lack of Zoom!