Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Go Pro Hero 9 ruined my Christmas

[ New ]

san disk top end cards supplied with the go pro

GoPro

Re: Go Pro Hero 9 ruined my Christmas

[ New ]

@breth38714, sorry to hear about the trouble. We'd like to gather a few more details as we look further into the issue you're currently experiencing with the camera. Please provide us the following:

• Camera model and its firmware version installed.
  • MicroSD card brand and capacity. Was it also part of the camera bundle purchase?

When does the SD error occur (i.e. onset, out-of-the-box, after formatting, after 1 video, etc.)? Does it happen on specific video resolution settings or camera modes only?

If the problem just started to happen recently, we'd like to know any recent changes made or took place (firmware update, SD card brand change, hardware reset, RMA, etc.).

In addition, have you been able to format the SD card through your GoPro camera? Can it be formatted on a different device or has been formatted prior to use?

Try formatting the SD card. (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.)