Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Go Pro Hero 9 ruined my Christmas

[ New ]

Firstly, I ordered my Go Pro on 18 Dec 20 with the promise of a 3 day delivery.

It arrived after Christmas on 31 Dec 20... disappointed family with no gift.

'We ordered in NZ but turns out it comes from Singapore.

'Go Pro then overstated the invoice value so it was held by customs until we proved it was less than $1000 in value.

Mislead and totally gutted.

Secondly

Then, when using the camera it loses all recordings as SD card error and unable to read files. 2 different cards 32gb amd 64gb san disk supplied by go pro. All family memories lost over and over. The camera freezes and overheats .. totally unreliable.

'What do I do. Any reliable Hero 9s out there?

Tourist

Re: Go Pro Hero 9 ruined my Christmas

[ New ]

My Hero9 has been faultless.

Did you format the SD cards before using them?

Nomad

[ New ]

I initially used a small storage sd card, in screen said was able to record 16 minutes but at minute 9 stopped and the "error" message appeared.

Don't remember how, if using the two buttons reboot method or removing the battery and turning on again, but then camera rebooted and said something like "recovering files", waited, then saw the files where ok, couldn't record more but the files where recovered.

Adventurer

[ New ]

not all experience the same issues so the user may not used a correct card, or just grabbed what they got, it is a new camera should work out the box, it did

Nomad

[ New ]

So the two missing pieces here are

What SD card were you using (make and model)

Did you format the SD card in the camera before using it.

Remember, not all SD cards are the same and not all SD cards work with GoPro's as a result.  The SD card manufacturer doesn't know what device the card is going to be used in (mp3 player, phone, camera, etc) and it may not be optimized for your device as a result.  This is why it's always important to format them in the device before 1st use.

Tourist

[ New ]

sure did and so cards supplied by go pro

Tourist

[ New ]

used go pro supplied SD cards only

Tourist

[ New ]

yeo