Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Go Pro Hero 8 wont turn on, red light constantly showing

[ New ]

Hello there, I took my new GoPro up to the cottage this weeknd... After the first day of filming I watched my clips through the app and left it to charge overnight. Once I woke up my GoPro wouldn't turn on, and for the past 24 hours the red light at the front and back remains on. I assure there is no damage, and my app can not find my go pro to connect. I havent tried taking out the battery and reinserting it, or anything. I see many 'solutions' that require a camera restart although am very unfamiliar with how to approach this. If anyone has an experience or suggestions that would be much appreciated (:

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Go Pro Hero 8 wont turn on, red light constantly showing

[ New ]

Hi @ambroscustom

You should be able to log a new request at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @snowyblaze1155

Take the battery out then plug the camera directly to a power source.

Press the Mode button and see if it will turn on.

Once done, replace the camera then try to power it back on.

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

If this is a recent purchase, you may also refer to the same store/channel you got it from.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you, worked :)

GoPro

[ New ]

Great! @snowyblaze1155

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Dear Mr. Aragon, I have a slightly different problem. The front screen led always remains on and because of that battery discharge very quickly. I tried this method and also try to update the firmware but no luck found. I am not even able to contact any person in India. Kindly help.

IMG_20201021_152153.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @ambroscustom. Make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. Using SD cards that aren't recommended can cause issues like freezing as the card isn't fast enough to write the content, the camera getting hot or battery consumption is higher than normal as the camera stays in an active mode trying to sync to the card.

Have you been able to successfully reinstall the firmware update on your GoPro?

Additionally, performing a factory reset in the camera may help.

You may perform a short record time test through the instructions here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Short-Record-Times/ta-p/395856

Tourist

[ New ]

I did all of these things but still no luck. Also it kept restarting, sometimes very frequently and sometime after 1-2 minutes. It seems like some hardware problem. Update the camera 3 times manually and one with the app but all in vain. chat is unable to start on customer support. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ambroscustom

Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I actually wanted to register again for the phone call I think there was a mistake in phone number provided by me. Can you please cancel my previous request so that I can register again for the new one? Because its almost 4-5 days passed and I didn't get any call. Also, the chat option didn't work for me. It always says currently chat is not available for you. I tried disabling adblocker and clearing cookies, but no help. Please resolve the issue.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ambroscustom

You should be able to log a new request at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej