Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Go Pro Hero 8 Black front red light of death ... not turning on

[ New ]

We purchased a GoPro Hero 8 black for our business, to use as a tool to conduct design research. 

• We used it 3 times last year
  • We have 3 batteries and some accessories, SD card came with the go pro
  • We used it 3 more times as a webcam

Now we have:

• Front red light permanently on, not blinking, just on as long as a battery is in or usb cable connected (we have 3 batteries)
  • Reset procedure not working
  • Impossible to manually upgrade the firmware from sd card, but can read the SD card and format it on the computer.

I tried to contact support, someone called me with a UK number, and before I could say anything (after less than 15 sec cut the call, as the office was a bit noisy I did not heard anything they said).

I am extremely disapointed at this point, and it might be that gopro equipment could have been a bad business decision. 

Anyone faced the same issue, do you have tips and tricks to solve it? 

Sightseer

Re: Go Pro Hero 8 Black front red light of death ... not turning on

[ New ]

UPDATE: after some issues contactig support, I got hold of an agent over the chat and we were able to resolve the issue. 

Solution: It requires a hardware replacement. 

So all together helpful. 

Issue solved. 

GoPro

Re: Go Pro Hero 8 Black front red light of death ... not turning on

[ New ]

We appreciate you posting back an update on your case, @designelevator. Glad to hear that our Support Team was able to assist you. Let us know if anything else comes up.