Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Go Pro Hero 7 makes bad movies in Sony Movie Player?

After taking videos, i am finding the quality of videos once putting on a DVD using Sony Movie Maker is incredibly poor.  Very blurry, somewhat pixelated, etc.   I would even say lower than SD, which is not what i expected with this camera.  I am using Windows 10, and the latest Sony Movie Studio Platinum updated.

I tried to convert to MPEGS, but that was a waste and cost me $20 for some converter.   Before I "craigslist" this camera... any thoughts on what i can do to help improve the quality?

Thanks

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Go Pro Hero 7 makes bad movies in Sony Movie Player?

Take a screenshot of the rendering of Sony. I also make sure you’re not editing LVR clips and if the dvds are what you’re using are the files dv-avi. It’s not the camera. It is something you may be doing wrong. I used Sony years ago. Eva’s.
Highlighted
Tourist

I did double check, the go pro video files are MP4 not LVR.   The files once I make into a movie to put onto a DVD are .VF files.   is that problem? Although not sure how to change that to something else?  The DVDs are from Staples, standard DVD-R 16x speed.

does using a Mac and not HP also offer a solution to this?

I had the small square go pro a few years ago, and never had this issue with sony which is why i assumed it was a specific Hero7Black issue.

thanks for the help!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @royalcliff71340. Do the raw (original) video from the HERO7 Black show the same quality? The video output after using a video editing software like Movie Maker may have a different resolution as the original. As much as possible, record in the highest resolution available in the camera to allow for any compression when editing videos. 

For starters, these tips will help you get the best shot with your HERO7 Black camera. You may also explore other programs to view and edit your footage. 

You may also try the multi-clip editing using the GoPro App.