Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Go Pro Hero 6 won't connect to Google Pixel

I'm having the same problem. So this is day one with a GoPro and it feels a very far distance from this software being Pro.

Any news when this software system will work correctly on Google's premier Android phones?

Highlighted
Hiker

I own Pixel 2 and I've bought my Hero 6 today without realising I was putting myself into this trouble. Even after updating the firmware on the Hero, I can connect but then none of the remote functionality works. I knew that GoPro was in trouble but I did not expect that they were neglecting the software to this point.
Highlighted
Tourist

I just bought the Hero 6 and have a pixel camera.  Didn't realize that the software was so buggy.  I was a happy contour user for years but i needed to go go pro since i can't find the countor cameras anywhere.

SO...after 3 months of knowing about this issue, Go Pro still doesn't have a fix?  Pixel is one of the top 5 phones available today.  If you can't work with it you need to state that you are NOT compatible.

I have a few days vacation left with no videos to show.  If there is no response by Monday February 26, i will return and be done with this product.

Highlighted
Nomad

Have you guys read the entire thread? It is most definitely possible to get the app working with full functionality on pixel phones.. it might be a bit of a muck around to get it working but it is possible
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Yes bluetree3732 we have, we have followed your instructions and they haven't worked for us. I wrote to you in another thread: there must be something else you do that is part of your workaround. 

You'll agree with me in any case that it's not normal that a new customer has to go through all this trouble to make the app work. It's been at least three months right? Either it is a bug in Oreo, or an Oreo feature change, or a bug in GoPro, in any case the Pixel 2 is a mainstream phone, GoPro has no justification. The "pro" part in "GoPro" suggests they should be more serious, at least in communications with their customers, if they really can't put their act together and fix the issue.

Highlighted
Tourist

bluetree3732, thank you for trying to help; you're more of a Hero than GoPro at this point... nothing but crickets.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey, can I join this party? Pixel 2 and hero 6. 😭😭😭

It's so frustrating! Argh!
Highlighted
Tourist

@bluetree3732 thanks for this. I've tried all this with no joy. Is there anything else that needs to be done?