Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Go Pro Hero 6 Screen has black stripes

Does anyone have this problem in your go pro hero 6? When recording there are many stripes on the screen, it is easier to see when recording in a white surface.

IMG_7971.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Go Pro Hero 6 Screen has black stripes

Hello @calvinlok98

Thank you for going through the suggested steps. Then we confirm it is an issue with the camera. Please get in touch with our Support team then so they can assist you with the next steps. You can reach them them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @calvinlok98

Thank you for providing a picture of the camera. I see the stripes clearly. Check if the lines appear on the recorded video as well by playing the video back on a different device. If the recorded video does not show the lines, it is likely that the issue is with the display screen itself.

Try to manually update the camera to see if the lines will disappear. You can follow the steps below: 

1. Go to the HERO6 Black update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that your camera is fully charged and that the SD card is formatted prior to updating. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Marius, thanks for your info, I have updated my go pro version but still the same. By the way, it doesn't have any issues when playback in my laptop.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @calvinlok98

Thank you for going through the suggested steps. Then we confirm it is an issue with the camera. Please get in touch with our Support team then so they can assist you with the next steps. You can reach them them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

okay~ Thanks Marius

Highlighted
Adventurer

take a paper  and  place in front of the camera and then show a phot oif any lines  point out

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

I think Fishy has a good idea here. It looks like it could just be an artifact of shooting at a bright light in a dark room and the display is trying to process the contrast. Shooting on an evenly lit area may help see if that's the issue.

Also, do the stripes show up in the completed video, or just when viewed through the display?
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@fishycomics The line is always there, just see whether it is obvious or not btw thx for the suggestion. I have contacted go pro support and they helped me