Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Go Pro Hero 6 Battery Drain

[ New ]
I charge my brand new go pro. Battery is 100percent. I leave it on the side switched off and when I go to use it a day later it’s totally flat. Voice control is off and so is WiFi. I used it for about a month and kept on taking the battery out and only installing it when I wanted to use it. I thought it must be faulty so I returned the product to amazon. They sent me another Go Pro and to my horror it’s exactly the same. This is not right. I’m using a sandisc ultra 64gb memory card. If I can’t sort it out I’ll just send it back and get a full refund. I cannot believe this product is on the open market.
Adventurer

Re: Go Pro Hero 6 Battery Drain

[ New ]

take out the Ultra and put that to the side for now it is a general card not recommended by gopro.

make sure  you are factory reset and try again no sd card in

Sightseer

[ New ]

hmm that's right go pro 6 battery drain. i bought from online. due to responding with customer care they are saying there is not any issue of the product. I am trouble for this device. check out the product

Tourist

[ New ]
So I have removed the SD card and it seems that it has cured the fault, how can an SD card cause a battery to drain in 1 day??
What 64gb SD card should I use?
Adventurer

[ New ]

What exactly is the sd card you used?

Tourist

[ New ]
SanDisc Ultra 64gb
Adventurer

[ New ]

Great to hear,   let gopro offer you some insight about the recommended cards, you can search the site for them ther is a list and decide what card you like to use If if that really cleaed the issue. I suggest to use a Higher rated card a UH-1 U3  major brand.

good luck

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @foggyhero27287,

Here's what fishycomics is referring to: 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Regards,

-Jay