Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Go Pro Hero 5 "Wifi Not Ready. Try Again Later"

[ New ]
Good day! I am having problems with my Go Pro Hero 5. Everytime I try connecting it to Capture App, it says "wifi nit ready. Try again later" i tried updating the firmware several times but to no avail :(
Anonymous

Re: Go Pro Hero 5 "Wifi Not Ready. Try Again Later"

[ New ]

go pro hero 5 wifi not ready all people has the same problem 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same issue here. Firmware updated, but still has the same issue. Every time I try to turn wifi connections on, I get "Wifi not ready. Try again later." error. Same thing happens when I try to connect a new device through capture app. Anyone solve this?

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi All,

Give the steps in this article a try: https://goo.gl/uQSYSN . If you are still having issues after that reach out to our support team directly for further troubleshooting. https://goo.gl/xRcX7m

Best,

Ryan

Anonymous

[ New ]
This doesn't work. It is also hard to reach the support team. I'' so disappointed. I cannot use my go pro
Anonymous

[ New ]

It would be nice if I could get a hold of a support team member.  Pressed #1 so they would call back after 20 minutes of holding. no luck so far. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Just bought my go pro 5 black last month yesterday i cnt connect it to the app. It saying wifi not ready. Did all the setup, erase everything had it reset  and factory reset erase memory still to no availble..... is there no other thing we can do

Anonymous

[ New ]
Return back to go pro to give you a brand new one
Anonymous

[ New ]

Same issue here. Super frustrating. Support hub is very difficult to understand over the phone due to a slight language barrier among their staff. Reset firmware. Followed instructions online and zero success. Very time consuming and unhelpful. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

after over an hour on the phone with support, they finally decided to have me send in my go pro to send me a new one. It seems like this problem is not uncommon, according to this thread. I wonder why it started out working just fine and now it does not work anymore. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

hi could you tell me a way i could contact gopro? ive tried everything cannot get through to them. please help! i just got this go pro

Sightseer

[ New ]

How did you solve the problem, because I have the same?

Anonymous

[ New ]
Hi everyone I have just brought a gopro 6 and having the same problems, I have done what has been said to do on hear already and reconnected ok took a bit long but I connected but then after the first connection I can't re connect. On my gopro it just keeps saying gopro app disconnected and won't re connect and it's now doing the same to my smart remote. I have had the gopro hero 4 black in the past and didn't have anything like this with it, Wi-Fi was supper fast and always connected. I havn t tried ringing the support team yet and by the sounds of it that's it's just going to waste my time, if you get the problem sorted please let me know or if you get a new one if the problem still happens with that one
Anonymous

[ New ]

I wasnt able to fix but they replace it with a new one 

Anonymous

[ New ]
Ok thank you
Anonymous

[ New ]
Call customer service and have it replace.... honestly their customer service sucks.... u have to call so many time to be able to reach them ...
Tourist

[ New ]

Same here after 5 days of gopro 5.

Blue led flashing.

No camera id nor password. Wifi not ready try again later.

firmware updated to 2.60, it worked for some time, then appeared the problem.

Anonymous

[ New ]
Oh really, yeah I rang gopro up the other day and they said that I need to update my gopro manually as mine was on the 01.00 version so after I have done that hopefully it will work but I will let you know if I have the same problems after I have updated it
Anonymous

[ New ]
Hi just to update, I have updated my gopro manual and it was successful but unfortunately it still isn't working the problems are still the same, I have rang gopro again and they just keep telling me to repeat the steps, I have lost count how many time I have done that and it's seems everything I do nothing is going to work just feel like smashing it up lol
Tourist

[ New ]

I've had a chat with gopro support and they would replace it. I must say they've been supportive. I went through with the vendor anyway and have now a new gopro5, but I'm wondering if this is a software or hardware problem. If it's a software problem, should I wait for a new firmware before updating? Don't want to find myself tackling again with this unsolvable issue. I definitely need wifi functionalities. So, Gopro, please, speak out loud, tell us something. Is it a 2.60 firmware problem or is there some broken wifi components somewhere in your production lines? what is it going on? Should I live with fear of seeing it happen again?

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have been getting this problem for months now. Have reset multiple times and still getting the issue. I have updated to the latest firmware 2.60 and still getting the issue.

I have reset the SD card and then the camera, and still not working.

It has happened with me last year, then I reset and worked ok for a while but now the issue came back again.

What hell is the problem?

I can see there are many others with the same issue.

GoPro, come on. Help us out.

This isn't fair.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi Ryan, 

My Gopro Hero 5 have the same problem, any update or solution please. Thanks!!!

Anonymous

[ New ]

I had the same issue last fall. Used go-pro support to work up the problem. They asked me to update software, and reset the device etc, etc. Once the problem persisted through that. They replaced it for free.

Anonymous

[ New ]
I’m still having the problem. No solution yet. Frustrating.
Anonymous

[ New ]

I am experiencing the exact same problem on a Hero 6.  No luck fixing it.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Is not fair from #gopro not solving a known issue that is clearly affect many product users in both 5 and now 6 gopros. Come on. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous @Anonymous

I am sorry to hear about the issue you have encountered with your cameras. If you continue to get the same error after checking that the app is up to date and a manual update has been done on the camera, please let our Support Team assist you further.

They are available via phone or chat. Their hours of operation are listed here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards,

Ej

Anonymous

[ New ]

You keep saying that, a pre-formatted phrase, to me and others and no solution to the problem.
Don't you think I and others have already done that?
I have tried multiple times and just gave up.
Useless answer. No solution.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous

We try to isolate issues whether it's software or hardware related.

As stated above, if you have tried to manually update the software yet it's still the same then you need to reach out to our Support Team as it's possible that the issue is already on the hardware.

Our Support Team should be able to assist you in moving forward with this concern.

Thanks!

Ej

Anonymous

[ New ]

Update:  A GoPro Support Team Member had me walk through a series of instructions.  None of those steps fixed the problem I was experiencing on my Hero 6, so I was given the opportunity to exchange it for a new one.  So far, so good.  I won’t go into detail, but I must say that their support was beyond incredible.  Unfortunately, no fix to report to you, but definitely do reach out to their support channels if you are experiencing a similar problem.

Hiker

[ New ]

This is appalling from GoPro...I have the same WiFi issue that is described in this thread....how can so many deveices be affected, It must be a hardware issue, which doesn't looks good...and now is putting me off this brand.

My Hero 5 Black is up to date, I have reset it as per instructions and i have also been on contact with the GoPro support live chat....still no explnantion or resolution.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @mildman

I am really sorry for any troubles this may have caused.

I understand that a case has been opened regarding the error, please continue working with our Support Team.

You may do a follow up via phone or chat. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards,

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi Ej,
Thank you for your response.

I know that the case is ongoing but my concern is that I am travelling in a couple of weeks time and I will lose the convenience of the GoPro plus features ( which I'm paying for) plus the tethering to the phone.

It's such a pity it can't be fixed.

Thanks again,

Neil.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Had the same problem for a while. Did everything, factory reset, manual update, nothing. Manage to download content by cable with the Macbook Air, but cannot connect to windows pc.

I believe it is a software issue, and this could be resolved if access to its bios was available. When I go to about this GoPro: Name and Serial Number are Empty. Due to this Name& password says Wifi Not Ready....

A lot of consumers are frustrated and aware of the issue. 

Problem is, that I was given the GoPro as a gift by a family member. I live in Europe but it was purchased from USA whilst on holiday. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

hy I've had the same problem just make sure that the Wi-Fi Band connection it is set on 2.4GHz because not all phones supports 5GHz Band. It worked for me.

Hope it will work for you to.

Have a nice day.