Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Go Pro Hero 5 "Wifi Not Ready. Try Again Later"

I am experiencing the exact same problem on a Hero 6.  No luck fixing it.

Tourist

Is not fair from #gopro not solving a known issue that is clearly affect many product users in both 5 and now 6 gopros. Come on. 

GoPro

Hi @snowystorm38661 @rogeriodasilva

I am sorry to hear about the issue you have encountered with your cameras. If you continue to get the same error after checking that the app is up to date and a manual update has been done on the camera, please let our Support Team assist you further.

They are available via phone or chat. Their hours of operation are listed here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

You keep saying that, a pre-formatted phrase, to me and others and no solution to the problem.
Don't you think I and others have already done that?
I have tried multiple times and just gave up.
Useless answer. No solution.

GoPro

Hi @rogeriodasilva

We try to isolate issues whether it's software or hardware related.

As stated above, if you have tried to manually update the software yet it's still the same then you need to reach out to our Support Team as it's possible that the issue is already on the hardware.

Our Support Team should be able to assist you in moving forward with this concern.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Update:  A GoPro Support Team Member had me walk through a series of instructions.  None of those steps fixed the problem I was experiencing on my Hero 6, so I was given the opportunity to exchange it for a new one.  So far, so good.  I won’t go into detail, but I must say that their support was beyond incredible.  Unfortunately, no fix to report to you, but definitely do reach out to their support channels if you are experiencing a similar problem.

Hiker

This is appalling from GoPro...I have the same WiFi issue that is described in this thread....how can so many deveices be affected, It must be a hardware issue, which doesn't looks good...and now is putting me off this brand.

My Hero 5 Black is up to date, I have reset it as per instructions and i have also been on contact with the GoPro support live chat....still no explnantion or resolution.

GoPro

Hi @mildman

I am really sorry for any troubles this may have caused.

I understand that a case has been opened regarding the error, please continue working with our Support Team.

You may do a follow up via phone or chat. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards,

Ej