Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Go Pro Hero 5 Screen Lines Appearing.

Hello Everybody!

I’m from Philippines and my boyfriend bought me a go pro Hero 5 March last year from Canada. Now, I have a concern regarding my go pro because the screen had lines appearing on it after using it in the water. But take note, Hero 5 is Waterproof. I have asked several repair shops but all of them said that there is no repair available with the said problem. Can anyone help me with this? Would really appreciate it so much.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Go Pro Hero 5 Screen Lines Appearing.

Hi @toughdusk51273

Sorry to hear about what happened with your camera. So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO5 Black and HERO5 Session are waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing. 

While water damaged cameras are usually not covered by the standard warranty, we still want to look into what happened.

Please work with our Support Team regarding this. As each incident is treated uniquely, they may ask you for pictures of the camera and/or mount that was used and other additional information

to help us determine what we can do to extend our help.

You may reach them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Go Pro Hero 5 Screen Lines Appearing.

Hi @toughdusk51273

Sorry to hear about what happened with your camera. So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO5 Black and HERO5 Session are waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing. 

While water damaged cameras are usually not covered by the standard warranty, we still want to look into what happened.

Please work with our Support Team regarding this. As each incident is treated uniquely, they may ask you for pictures of the camera and/or mount that was used and other additional information

to help us determine what we can do to extend our help.

You may reach them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej