Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Go Pro Hero 5 Keep Turning on and off by it self

Hello,

This is Rahul From India, Surat Guajrat

From Tomorrow evening I am facing quite weired issue with my GoPro Hero 5, whever I am putting the battery inside the camera, It automatically keeps On and Off , and also the mode of the camera changes automatically to Photo,Video, Burst, Video, Timelapse

Kindly Suggest me a solution for this .

Thanks,

Rahul Gamit

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Go Pro Hero 5 Keep Turning on and off by it self

I am sorry to hear and see this.  that would be a faulty camera,.  If software did not correct at all,  DId you try  a factory reset and do not place any card in or  the battery and just use the ac power and usb type c, does it happen again?

call or chat with gopro,   they are open  by checking the site for their hours/   lets us know the outcome.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @superstorm24827

Thank you for visiting the Hub. Sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing with the camera. It would help to manually update the camera's firmware to ensure that possible errors associated with the current installation are cleared out. You can follow the instructions below as guide: 

1. Go to the HERO5 Black update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that the camera is fully charged and that you are using a recommended and formatted SD card prior to the update process. Let us know how it goes. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello @mariustanya,

I have tried all the steps you suggested, but nothing worked for me , its still beeping and turning on and off by itself, and also changes the mode automatically.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for letting us know.

If that's the case @superstorm24827

It would be best to contact our customer support team via phone or chat. 

They can assist you with that. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello @graytree76514:

I have called on the toll free number 

0008001009541 (Toll Free)
 0008001009542 (Toll Free)
As well as on these numbers 

India

+000 800 100 9541
+000 800 100 9542

When I called on toll free number it says, currently our office is closed, and it will be open from 7:AM PST, and according to it the current PST time is 11:10 AM, still it says you can't reach us now,

And above Indian numbers : no one is responding, and whenevr I am trying using chat option there is an error "Chat is currently unavailable for you."

Please guide me its quite irritating to me ,   I am not able to use my go pro.

Please guide me how can I share the video so that you can have exact idea about what is the problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @superstorm24827

You can upload the video to YouTube and you can provide us the link. With the behavior of your camera tough, it is still best to engage our Support team. Please try to contact them again. Make sure you are dialing the correct number for Support. 

Thanks, 

Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello @mariustanya

Here is the link to the video of gopro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSVRHCVsy0M

Highlighted
Adventurer

I am sorry to hear and see this.  that would be a faulty camera,.  If software did not correct at all,  DId you try  a factory reset and do not place any card in or  the battery and just use the ac power and usb type c, does it happen again?

call or chat with gopro,   they are open  by checking the site for their hours/   lets us know the outcome.