Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Go Pro HERO 5 Black water leaked and Now i cannot turn it on

Good day Go Pro Support. my girlfriend bought an Hero 5 Black last january 2017, since i got the unit, i used it everytime i travel and visit places and it was really good, when im on the beach, i dont use a diving case or a water proof case because Go Pro HERO 5 black is design and the specs is already water proof, that why im really confident to used it even without a water proof case, but unfortunately, last week, i used it in the beach for surfing, but afterwards ive notice a water marks inside the front screen of my Hero 5, i felt nervous about it because, the specs is that it can be used underwater but how come that water leaked inside my Go Pro, so when i came back to the hotel,i turn it off, i clean and wipe it with dry cloth then i remove the battery let the lid open for air dry for 2 hours, then when i try to tun it on, unfortunately it never turn it on since then. i try to put it in a dececator so the the water inside will be removed, and the water marks infront of the screen totally removed but it cannot turn it on. So please, i really love that Go Pro because it is a gift from my girlfriend and that was my first action cam. Im a litle upset because of what happen, now i cannot used it in my travels. kindly help me out PLEASE...

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Go Pro HERO 5 Black water leaked and Now i cannot turn it on

Hi @rapidsand25832,

If you get in touch with our Support Team directly they may be able to help you out. You can get in touch by Phone or Chat and they may be able to help you out: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best,

Ryan