Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Go Pro Fusion - new user.

Thank you for reading this.   I have had my new Fusion for several days and have spent probably 8 hours studtying YouTube Videos.  Further more, I can not for the life of me get the files that are recorded on the Fusion to be downloaded to my MacBook Pro from the camera.  I have saved images from the GoPro app on my IPhone to ICloud, resulting in two files with (almost) the same name, one is form the front and the other is from the back.

Onm my MacBook, I am able to fire the files with the GoPro VR app, but the files are not loadable so I can edit.

Please HELP direct me to where I can do this.

Also, What if I take the cards out of the camera and load the files into the GoPro directory.    How do they get "stitched" together?

Thank you in advance!!!!

Rich Garrett. 941-302-6919; rhgarrett01@me.com

Image 12-15-19 at 8.45 PM.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Go Pro Fusion - new user.

Hello @grandflare08222. You will need to download and install the GoPro Fusion Studio on your Mac. See Fusion 2.0 Beta Update for your GoPro Fusion

There is more information at GoPro Fusion Studio App FAQ that will help. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you!

I just followed the steps as you requested:  1). Successfully updated the firmware (I did not see the check, but after the installation (which did show the icon as indicated in the article) the camera was On my way! And ready.  2). Did install the update to 1.4.   

Just turned off the camera and connected to MacBook,   The screen on the camera shows connected, however GoPro Fusion studio fails to connect with the camera. 

When I try to access files GPBK0058.MP4 and GPFR0058.mp4 they are greyed out.

What next. 🙏🏻

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @grandflare08222

How are you trying to access the files? Are those still on the camera or already saved on your computer?

Kindly check if manually transferring the files will make a difference.

Here are some links that may come handy:

How to Import Media into the GoPro Fusion Studio App

GoPro Fusion Studio App: Camera Not Recognized When Connected to Computer

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Nomad

The best (and fastest way) to work with GoPro Fusion footage is to copy the footage across to your laptop (Mac) first and then import them into Fusion Studio for stitching.  This speeds up the process by about 50%.

I made this video regarding Fusion Studio workflow for a Windows based PC but the same workflow applies to a Mac, it may help you understand things.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for your help.

1).  The files are still on my Fusion.   I can not access them via finder or any of the GoPro apps.

2). Image capture does find them.   Per notes, I turned off the option in image capture to inport the files.

3). The only way I can get to view the files is to take out the micro SD cards; copy the files of each into a seperate directory under a main directory.

4). Only by doing this may I access the files with the CoPro apps to edit and view.

Any suggestions as to why the camera wont direct connect to my Macbook Pro or my IMac Pro?

I am running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2

Highlighted
Tourist

It seems like taking the carsds out is the fastest.   Of course that is the only way I have access to the files/folders now.

Thank you.    I still think I shoudl be able to access the SD cards via finder......

Rich