Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Go Pro Fusion - First Charge - LED light flashing? Is it charging?

[ New ]

Thank you! This worked! 

Tourist

[ New ]

Spot on! That's exactly what just happened to me and had to go through all the disconnection and connection, make it revise at 6%, plug it, let it go up to 15% and then when turned off the red light stayed on.

Now the waiting game for it to charge and go out to play with it for the first time! Yeew!

GoPro

[ New ]

Great to know it worked. Thank you for sharing, @lara-sweetocean. Stay stoked and have fun using your GoPro. Best regards!

Sightseer

[ New ]

So I had a different experience, although the same initial behavior.  However, it did end up charging - here's how I did it:

Opened the Fusion last night, but didn't turn it on.  Plugged in right away, using a 2A charger.  Went to sleep, and this morning - the unit was warm (as though it had been on all night), but the flight was flashing.  Unplugged and then tried turning it on - no luck, no response.  So I wondered if it had been a failed charger, or possibly a failed battery insert - unloaded the battery, and reloaded it, then plugged in again to same charge.  Voila - it turns on!  Started going through the setup, and unplugged the charger.  While I was in the "turn GPS on" menu, a message of "battery empty" came up, and the camera powered down.  

That's when I came downstairs to research this, and found this thread.  While waiting, I plugged it into a different charger, and turned it on.  From there - I was able to go through the entire setup menu, including getting it hooked up to my GoPro app successfully (and changing the name).  Once in the app, I saw the battery (in settings) showed 81% so I figured I'd turn it off and see if the red light would stay on this time.  It did!

So I agree with the assessment the battery came very discharged and the camera doesn't handle that very well (at least the charging circuitry doesn't do well).  It was concerning the camera had gotten so warm overnight, so I'd suggest anyone with this problem in the future do what was suggested - charge it for 15 minutes or so, in hopes of getting it to 10% battery, and then set it up and turn off so the charging circuitry can handle a low battery instead of a dead battery more successfully.

In the meantime - I hope GoPro can research these scenarios and make some bug fixes and firmware update for future users!

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for sharing, @dheista. These are helpful details that you provided. We will pass this along to the team. Best regards!