Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Go Pro 8 recording stops or freezes

[ New ]

Hi,

I have been trying to contact support for days now and your website has some issues and won't let me start any chats or request a call.

It says all agents are busy but doesnt give me an option to wait or for the call says invalid captcha even though it doesnt display a captcha to enter. It seems silly to need support to contact support.

My Go Pro Hero 8 is not recording videos consistently. I have had this Go Pro 8 for about 8 months now and it has progressively had more and more problems.

Every time I go out and attempt film, I get back and either the video has stopped itself after a few minutes or it continues to record but the picture is frozen and only captures audio. Which is very frustrating and I have now lost some really good footage.

I have tried updating the firmware and buying a new memory card. This is still happening.

Is the Go Pro faulty? Any help would be appreciated 

GoPro

Re: Go Pro 8 recording stops or freezes

[ New ]

Hello, sweetcave62377. Freezing or the camera working intermittently is an indication of an issue with the camera firmware or the SD card used. If you have already manually updated the camera firmware and is using a recommended SD card and the issue persists, the next step would be to engage our Support team. 

Make sure that you contact Support within the hours of operation specified in the contact page. If you continue to get the Captcha error, try using a different device (computer or mobile phone). Clear cache on your browser, use a different browser or an incognito browser. You may also change the location to the US (if not yet) to get connected.

If you choose to request a callback, you will be given a case number. If you do not receive a call in a few minutes' time, please provide us the case number so we can use it to follow up with Support. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hi, this happens to me also, but only after I've updated to the latest firmware. There is NOTHING wrong with the SD card I have used it hundreds of times without issue. Problem has happened to me twice now since updating the GoPro.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @mohammeds4318

Sorry for any trouble caused.

If you have gone through the steps on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Camera-Freezes-Up/ta-p/393032 and it's still the same, please let our Support Team know.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej