Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Go Pro 8 Black HDMI out option using Media Mod

I agree, it is odd, though when you put the Hero 7 battery in, you get a warning that not all features are available. Apparently it will deactivate (or limit) Hypersmooth, as the older batteries can't discharge high enough current. So I suspect it is also somehow affecting the live out function.

Highlighted
Hiker

ok, I have tried to replicate this with a number of Media Mods, and of course it only works on some of them, some of the times....Robot Sad

Anyhow, I think there is another workaround, though it requires you to use the GoPro app:

1. with Media Mod installed (and stock Hero 8 battery), connect to the camera using the app (note, connecting power to the camera will generally wake up the wireless connections if they have gone dormant)
  2. the camera will boot up, watch the app screen carefully
  3. as soon as the camera control screen is loaded, press the photo mode icon at the bottom of the screen
  4. this seems to cancel the gallery mode, and will take you to control mode. You can now use the app to change modes/settings/start and stop record etc without using the button pushes
Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Created an account explicitly to reply to this thread, and say how ridiculous this is.

Just give us the option to start with a clean HDMI out!

@aenriquezis there any movement on this? Soooo many people need this feature, and it was available on previous GoPro gens!!