Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Go Pro 8 Black HDMI out option using Media Mod

From what I can tell, the new Hero8 black firmware will only support clean HDMI out menu selection via an app on your smartphone

I installed the new version 2.0 firmware today

No change in how the HDMI out works if you are simply plugging your camera into your computer HDMI port

No change to the Input/Output selection menu on the GoPro camera

I used the media mod microHDMI out connected to an HDMI to USB adapter and saw no change to this menu

The old method of manually arranging for HDMI out still works

When I tried a microUSB to USB3.0 direction connection, the camera was not recognized at all even when my USB Connection under Preferences was set to GoPro Connect as indicated in the instructions

Since the GoPro app doesn't work on my android, the firmware update does nothing to improve live streaming for me.

Highlighted
Hiker

I have had six of these now (we use them for work) and strangely, the last two out of three we got, produced clean HDMI out on power up, without having to go through the button pushing. So I assume there are some in the wild that have a different firmware, it would be nice to be able to manually update it

Highlighted
Hiker

Can you please verify the firmware???
Highlighted
Tourist

I have GoPro HEro 8 with last firmware v2.0 (checked yesterday) and i have no option to get clean hdmi output at startup.

Highlighted
Hiker

No, I mean firmware on the Media Mod
Highlighted
Tourist

How I check it ?
Highlighted
Hiker

No idea sorry

Highlighted
Nomad

The media mod does not have it's own firmware, it's simply an interface, the only firmware that can be updated and that controls the media mod is that of the GoPro Hero 8.  

The default mode for the media mod upon start up is media playback.  By learning the correct combination button presses, you can very easily switch your media mod from media playback to a "clean" feed out (which as far as I remember is 3 button presses of the mode button and 1 button press of the shutter button).